Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Ancient Barrio of Santa Cruz, Seville.

Welcome to the Barrio of Santa Cruz, an area of Seville by the Cathedral that has an ancient feel, a labyrinth of narrow streets and alleys, and is popular with photographers and tourists... I qualify for both!

We walk by this lovely building on Avenida de la Constitución on the way to the Barrio.

I love these little trucks that dash around the city of Seville and pick up the garbage from designated places where all the garbage is dropped off by the people who live here.

The Barrio of Santa Cruz, very narrow streets to keep the sun out in the summer, mostly pedestrian only. Formerly the Jewish quarter of the medieval city of Seville.


Joe soaking up the sun. The weather has been lovely here, today in the mid 60's.

Grandmother taking a walk with her granddaughter.

She gave me permission to take a close up, so sweet!!

 One of many plazas.


I have no idea what this pleasant man was doing here on the corner. I asked if I could take a photograph of him, he was very friendly, but didn't explain why he was there. Just hanging out looking different from everyone else...

For young dancers.

Great tile work all over Seville, this one was in the entryway leading to....

A lovely private courtyard garden.

An agreeable model, with his new hat :-)


Horse and carriage rides are a big thing in Seville, I wish they weren't. I don't like horses having this kind of a life. Makes for a nice photo, though.

Evening in the Barrio.

No comments:

Post a Comment