Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Little of Provence, France

Tomorrow Ian, Christy and I head for Lucca, Italy by car as our time in France is sadly coming to an end. What a marvelous 10 days we've had here, so many new things to see, people to talk to and I have so enjoyed soaking up every minute of it!!!  I've tried to capture the feeling of this wonderful place, but come visit if you can! Here are a few of many photographs, best to post them now in no particular order before I move onto Italian sights and sounds. 
                                  
The Eglise Des Freres Precheurs in Arles. What a find! Christy told me about this, open to anyone who wanted to wander in while clean up was taking place from a big event for the Van Gogh opening a few nights before.




 Place de la Republic at night.

Dawn at the Camargue with my friends Christy, Mike, Betty, Linda and my son, Ian who brought us out here to see the Flamingos… beautiful!! 

Place de la Republic, Arles. 

Rue des Thermes by the Place du Forum, Arles.

Abbey on the outskirts of Gordes. 

 Arles doorway, one of many!

Gordes, just after the rain stopped.

Roussillon, another beautiful hilltop town.

No comments:

Post a Comment