Monday, April 7, 2014

At Home in Arles, France

Ian, Christy and I have been in Arles for a week now, and I'm finding my way around fairly well. I can get to the market, La Place du Forum, La Place de La Republic, and back and forth to where we park our car by the river. It's an extremely friendly town, and if my local bakery is closed, as it was today, I can ask anyone passing by and they will direct me to another one that is open. It helps to speak french, but all in our group are saying that they have been met with kindness and a friendly smile. The old reputation of the French being a bit difficult is no longer true! C'est bon!

Nelly is the property manager of the apartment we have rented for the 10 days we are in Arles. We have all commented on how lovely she is, kind and willing to help with any questions. She helped us get settled our first day here, pointed out the parking and took care of the little issues that always come up in a new place. Could not have asked for a more friendly person, and she is so wonderfully French!

This is Nelly's shop, Farfantello, across the street from our apartment. All kinds of beautiful gifts and toys. She invited me back to take pictures, I always like that!

 There are artists everywhere, this shop has lovely pottery… and tulips.

Our apartment, on the 3rd floor. Love the tall windows in the front and back.

Ian looking good in Arles.

Long exposures, I had fun playing with the possibilities.

Special invitational opening for the Vincent Van Gogh gala. Right on our street, we saw the light show they had at the function held at the Church from our windows. 



Le Plaza, we had an excellent meal here!

They may not look friendly, but they have character. At the outdoor market.

Christy buying bread at the outdoor market.

The courtyard below our window, women having lunch. 


The main living area of our apartment. We have 3 bedrooms, a kitchen and 2 bathrooms, spacious, charming and lots of light!

 Ian humoring me, he makes a great model!




No comments:

Post a Comment