Sunday, February 17, 2013

Great Egret in Cancun

It may be a common site at the beach, but not for me, and I had the best time stalking this beautiful bird.
Very early morning on the beach in front of our resort, when only a few joggers were running by, this Great Egret was catching his breakfast, while I was trying to capture him with my camera. Fun!

 The light is always best early in the day and before sunset.


 The Great Egret doing his beautiful bird thing while I do what humans with cameras do....





 Got it!


Around the corner was another pretty ocean scene.

These photos were taken with my Canon Rebel and Tamron 18-280mm telephoto zoom. Not the best lens for capturing bird images, and not as sharp as the lenses real bird photographers use, but it made me happy today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment