Saturday, February 16, 2013

An Old Plaza with a Patisserie

Looking for something interesting to photograph? Take a walk. The last two mornings Joe and I have headed out at 6:30am for a look around our new environment, and I found the best old plaza with great bones. There are some offices inside, a couple of 'guards' at a desk that were fine with me taking pictures and a Patisserie, with the smell of baked goods permeating the premises. Perfect!

Yes, we're still in Mexico, but this bakery had a definite French feel. I bought a bag of muffins and chocolate croissants, meant to take a photograph but ate them on the way home. Maybe tomorrow...

 Not sure Cancun has been here since 1952, just a bit older than I am.

 I'll be back, it's only 1 1/2 kilometers from Casa Maya, where we're staying.


 This is the other part of this fairly abandoned plaza, great lines and textures.


 Looking down a hallway...

 I found this.

An interior courtyard.

The other images were with my Canon, this one and the next are with my iPhone. 


 This bird flew right into the frame at just the moment I clicked the shutter!

This plaza is next to the main road, and here's the bus we take to get into town. R2.

No comments:

Post a Comment