Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Plymouth Pilgrims in Procession.

My last post had a lot of buildings in it, so to balance things out this one will have lots of people in it, Pilgrims actually. Plymouth, MA, is where the Mayflower landed back in 1622 and there are processions of Pilgrims every Friday in August at 6pm through the streets of downtown Plymouth. Pilgrims Progress, also on Thanksgiving morning. I set up a meetup for us photographers to be at the Mayflower Society House at 5pm so we could see them getting ready for the procession in the lovely gardens. Here's what I saw...

Getting some help from her father with her authentic clothes.


Loved seeing the children in ye olde clothing.



I tried something I saw another photographer do, wanted to make it more of a painting.


My friend Julie multitasking, and her photos came out well!


Gotta love his little face!




Instructions about the route through town and information on the deprivation they endured in 1622.







On their way back to the Mayflower Society House...

No comments:

Post a Comment