Thursday, March 5, 2015

3 Schoolboys in Melun, France


Joe and I explored Melun, notable for the frequent stays of Kings of France from the 11th to 15th centuries.. or so says their brochure :-)  It's ancient, like most towns around here east of Paris, first mentioned by Julius Caesar in the 1st century B.C..... a long time ago!!

We were doing our usual thing, walking around, taking in the town, cameras at hand, when the first boy dashed by, running fast just across the street from us. Quick as I could, and I'm finally getting faster, I grabbed the running boy shot. Then I noticed there were others around, school must have just gotten out. What attracted me to these images is the difference in what they were all doing, and I processed them differently to underscore that. I used my own texture I made off of a church wall, fun!

Which is your favorite?

 Boy walking with iPhone, focused.

Boy reading intently, real paper.

Boy dashing... really fast, in a hurry or just for the love of running.

3 comments:

  1. How funny that real paper is such a novelty -- I noticed that right away. So I love the blue locker door picture, but can't pass over the "real paper" one with the signs that pull colors from his jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to choose. I think the last one.

    ReplyDelete