Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Personal Photography in Charleston, South Carolina

This article is from Picture Correct, a photography site I enjoy. It's by Alan Slagle and titled Personal Photography


 "But let me tell you about the type I enjoy the most, “Personal Photography”, sounds like I just made that up but I didn’t. See I’ve been doing this type since I was fourteen years old, need I mention that I’m fifty one years old now. As a young lad I was always interested in photography, the one way I could show where I’ve been or what I had seen."

This is the kind of photography I enjoy as well, along with many others, but here's a group of photos of some of the people and events important to me over the last couple of months.

 My Birthday!! Thanks, Betty, for making such a great photo of a fun day together!!
Ruth, me, Joe and Betty (she made a composite to drop herself in afterwards).

Joe and I resting at Shim Creek, taken by Ruth. Joe drove us all around the Charleston area for a week, and we all appreciated his good humor and navigational skills.

Ian was here for 5 weeks, here with Joe walking down Magnolia Plantation.

Ian scoping out birds and the breech on Sullivan's Island.

 Joe at Angel Oak

Walking our beach: Susan, Barbara and Joe.

 Barbara B. in Charleston.

Barbara B. and me.

Susan and Barbara.

Ian and Joe.

Ian loves pizza! Mellow Mushroom, where they make vegan pizzas, yumm. 

 Ian and the Angel Oak.

 Ian.

Ian and Joe.
  
 Ruth, Betty and Jean at Folly Beach.

Susan, Barbara, and me.

Camden: April 1991- February 2012
He was my friend, Ian's longest friend as they homeschooled together and were buddies since they were 5 years old, his mother is one of my very good friends. We will all miss him, his ready smile, his good nature and his shinning light. Such heartbreak for all of us, rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment