Tuesday, December 28, 2010

First 24 Horas in Mindo, Ecuador

All these photos were taken with my small point and shoot Sony Cybershot camera. I left my battery charger at home for my Canon T2i, big duh, but am compelled to take photos no matter what camera I have, and I think these turned out fine. Ian's friend, Luke, bought me a new charger in Maine yesterday, and via Andrew I should receive it in the next few days and be using my 'big' camera again. See if you can tell the difference...

 Ian and Andrew left for Quito this afternoon to pick up Luke and Alison at the airport. Two birder friends who made it through the blizzard to Ecuador, they will all travel together birding for about 3 weeks. Happy adventures!

Getting ready to leave, I'm sorry to see them go :-(

 Just a wildflower, but what a flower!

 Joe with another large jungle plant.

A girl we met by the river with a pigeon she had rescued. She was going to take care of it and release it. 


 Another darling child.

Alvaro, my star photographer at Salem, with the cameras Joe and I dropped off today.

Where we had breakfast this morning, at El Quetzal.

View from our balcony off our room at El Quetzal, our hostal in Mindo. A very nice room, with private bath and breakfast for $30/nt.


Morning tea.

Dinner last night with our friends Karen and Gary, who live in Mindo, and Ian and Andrew.

What are they hoping to see?? Birds???


Playing with Toy Story characters, just like in the movie!

Lincoln, our driver, drove us to Mindo from Quito yesterday in his white SUV. We met up with Karen and Gary on the way and Ian and Andrew went off birding with them, while Joe and I continued on to Mindo.

No comments:

Post a Comment