Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th in Manomet


July 3rd is the big day here in Manomet, bonfires on the beach, and hours of private, illegal fireworks. The cops were out in full force last night, keeping all non residents away, but the show went on as usual.

The photos leading up the the fireworks are places I visited with my photo club, which is now up to 465 members. We can't seem to get enough of all the beautiful sights in Plymouth!

Sunset at Plymouth Beach, a long walk to the point, but a lovely evening with good company.

Bug Light in Plymouth Harbor.
After a sunrise shoot we all headed to my house for flowers and birds.

Adele capturing my bumper crop of Black Eyed Susans.

This month's photo challenge for my club is "Do You See Red?" So, I gathered my red produce, shot it and ate it....

My garden.

More red for the photo challenge.

Momma swan taking a break from her cygnets.

Parking was restricted all around White Horse Beach, even our street got it's share of no parking signs on barrels.

Fireworks on Bartlett Pond.


Joe and Ian also photographing fireworks. Ian got the best shots!! Tonight I'll go out on the dock, too.



The swan family checking out the debris from our neighbors fireworks last night.

Have a Happy and Safe 4th!!

1 comment: